Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tag; You're It!

Last week I was tagged by my sister-in-law, Mary, to list 5 quirks about me. At first I thought "Do I really have quirks? No, of course Not!" And then I got to thinking...and Boy, do I have a lot of quirks. So here we go...

Top 5 Quirks...in no particular order...who am I kidding of course they're in order!

5. The first quirk that came to mind was the that I hate twisted car seat straps! They drive me nuts! Half the time I have no idea how the straps ended up all twisted up and then I spend the next half and hour trying to get them straight.
4. I've gotten better over the years about this quirk so that is why it is number 4 on my list. If you know me, you know I LOVE baskets! I have baskets all throughout my house. In every closet, including the linen closet and especially the pantry. I think that everything looks better in a basket. I suppose my basket fetish has slowed down partly because I really don't need anymore baskets, I have empty ones in closet waiting to be filled and that Shaun said that I couldn't buy anymore baskets.
3. Pajamas! I love them! I buy Carter and Parker pajamas all the time. I don't know why I love them, but I figure that the boys can never have too many pajamas. I also think they make great gifts. Just ask my nieces and nephews, they get a new pair every Christmas!
2. I will officially admit right here and right now that I am addicted to the Internet. I have to have access the Internet all the time. This is just a recent revelation. I noticed that Shaun and I both had to take our laptops on vacation and we were on the Internet almost every night. I finally decided that I have gone over the edge when my Internet was down for two days and I went a little stir crazy. I'm not on the Internet for very long at any one time, but through out the day I like to check emails and look things up. I also decided that anyone who has a MySpace page, Facebook Page and a Blog, must have to much time on their hands OR have a husband who is a firefighter!!
1. The biggest quirk I have came about 3 years ago when I was pregnant with Carter. I probably should first tell you that I love to find things on sale! It is almost a little high for me to get things for a great price. And I mean Great Price! My rule of thumb is not to spend more than $5 on any item of clothing for the boys, including shoes. Now of course, I do make exceptions, but I'd rather get a good deal first. So for my quirk...I buy All of the boys clothes a season in advance. I have all of Carter's clothes for winter already and I'm pretty much done with next summer too. I usually hit the Monster Sale at Children's Place and I stock up on everything. During the sale I'm usually in the store at least 4 or 5 times to make sure I have everything I need, including shoes!!

Since I don't really know a lot of people who have blogs I'll tag anyone who thinks they don't have any quirks. Give yourself a few days, I'm sure you'll have a whole list full!

5 comments:

mary gendron said...

Funny...you are the queen of baskets!!!
It does get more difficult as they get older to buy a season in advance. I bought Belle pants the last couple of year that ended up not fitting.

Stacey said...

Suzanne you crack me up - I will have to think about this one and post in a few days - I do have to say I love a good bargain- At Vons I don't like to put in my club card until after they ring everything up cause then I get to watch the price go way down - and if I have coupons on top of that you better watch out =)

Jill Macknicki said...

I am the bargain QUEEN! and twisted carseat straps make me CRAZY! I think limiting my list quirks to ONLY 5 might be difficult!

Stacey said...

Hey - thanks for checkin out the site today - Laurie and I did a photoshoot with a bunch of little models today - so hopefully we will have a bunch of new pics up in the next few days with people acually wearing the clothes =)The pics that are up right now are horrid. We are working on a onesie that has the saying "Nobody puts baby in the corner" printed on it- I think I should send it to Joey when we are finished with it =)

NanaPapaTravels said...

I MUST have a copy of the Happy Birthday Mommy picture. I just love you. Thanks for updating my blog. What would I do without you? Love, MOM